7 Mile Rail Facility Network Connection
- Client: Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- Project Timeframe: Dec 2010 – Oct 2011
- Location: 7 Mile, Karratha WA
- Contract Value: $4 million
Scope of Works
- Installation of new 33kV Main Feeder connection to provide the 33000/3300/415V 3 phase power to the 7-Mile and 8-Mile Rail Facility.
- Design, supply and install 5km of 33kV overhead line including site surveys, inspection works and MDR Documentation.
- 4.5 KM of underground directional drilling including the supply and install of 33kV cable, cable joints and terminations.
- 2 Rail crossings with 160mm HDPE Rolled electrical conduit.
- Existing services located potholed with vacuum excavator.
- Liaison with Epic Energy & 7-Mile Rail Authority.