Garden Wells Gold Mine
- Client: Regis Resources
- Project Timeframe: Oct 2012 - April 2013
- Location: Laverton, WA
- Contract Value: $3 million
Scope of Works
Engineering, design, supply, installation, testing, commissioning and certification of 11kV high voltage distribution line for Garden Wells Gold Mine, owned and operated by Regis Resources.
- 4km line from the mine power station to the accommodation camp facilities with a spur line to the tailings dam.
- 10km line from the mine power station to Rosemont.
- Constructed using wood pole and horizontal steel cross-arm configuration
- Installation of a 315 kVA transformer to supply the Tailings Dam
- Installation of two ground mounted 1000 kVA transformer to supply the accommodation camp facilities
The ground along the line route was very hard and 30% of the poles holes had to be core drilled and blasted to enable the poles to be installed.